lkevans

L.K. Evans Blog

Author L.K. Evans Blog

Exile
R.A. Salvatore
Etchings of Power (Aegis of the Gods Book 1)
Terry C. Simpson
People Like Us
D.Z.C.

Fell short for me...

Vengeance of Segennya (Birthright Secrets) - Tiffany Cherney

I really do hate giving low ratings. I am, after all, no expert reviewer nor am I an expert on the art of writing an incredible book (if I were, I’d be famous and living in a different state that can actually grow trees). I can only give my opinion and, hopefully, a sensible reason why I felt the way I did about the book.

First of all, Tiffany Cherney was generous and gave me a free copy of her book in exchange for an honest review.

I’ll start with what I did like:

The love story!! Wait...what?!?! Yeah, I typed it correctly and you read it correctly. I was okay with the love story in this book. It did not contain a relationship that resulted in marriage after only a week of knowing each other. The two characters who shared each other’s company had done so for a decent amount of time. It did not feel rushed, faked, or forced. It was actually very natural.

I think Liz is a strong female heroine. I didn’t mind her at all and she kept her kick ass attitude throughout the book, which was wonderful.

What I didn’t like:

For me, personally, I could not understand the actual writing itself. I spent entirely too much time trying to figure out what was being conveyed that I totally lost what enjoyment I might have had for the book. Some sentences were long and convoluted to the point I couldn’t decipher them. If these were sprinkled here and there, I would have been fine, but I was wading through odd wording and typos throughout the book. I think there was a great story in there, I really do. I, however, lack any form of patience (unless it’s with my dogs and cats; they’re just too cute). With that said, another person who is a slower reader and is willing to put in a little effort might be happily rewarded. There are 2 five star ratings for this book, so obviously there were 2 people who did not encounter the same problem I did. However, I recommend reading the prologue and first chapter on Amazon before committing. If you enjoy it, pick it up.

There you have it. My ramblings are finally done.

Source: http://www.booksbylkevans.com/1/post/2014/02/indie-challenge-7-vengeance-of-segennya-by-tiffany-cherney.html