lkevans

L.K. Evans Blog

Author L.K. Evans Blog

Exile
R.A. Salvatore
Etchings of Power (Aegis of the Gods Book 1)
Terry C. Simpson
D.Z.C.

Review of Blood Rites by Jim Butcher

Blood Rites - Jim Butcher

I’M OBSESSED

Oh how I love these books. The week has been a bit stressful so in a desperate ploy to escape, I read this book. It worked like a charm. I thought of nothing and lived in a different world for a while.

I couldn’t put this one down. Not only did it move at neck-breaking speed, but we learned a heck of a lot about Harry’s mother. I can honestly say I was surprised by every twist Butcher threw at me. I was doing this read with a friend of mine and had to email him right away when I learned one secret. I was seriously thrown by the revelation.

Even with all we uncovered in this book, there’s still a lot that’s a mystery. I honestly thought Butcher would wait to reveal some stuff he did in the book since he has tons left in the series. Because he did, I’m dying to know how he keeps this going.

My favorite parts of the book were when Harry was with Murphy. They spent tons of time together in this book (finally!!!), and I couldn’t have been happier. For those of you looking for more Murphy time, this book delivers. Their interactions were great!

So overall, Butcher has once again nailed it for me. I was beyond satisfied with this book and am doing everything within my power not to snatch up the next one right away.

See this and other reviews on my website: booksbylkevans.com

Source: http://booksbylkevans.com