lkevans

L.K. Evans Blog

Author L.K. Evans Blog

Exile
R.A. Salvatore
Etchings of Power (Aegis of the Gods Book 1)
Terry C. Simpson
The Shadowbearer
Terry C. Simpson
The War Of The Dwarves
Markus Heitz
People Like Us
D.Z.C.

The King's Assassin

The King's Assassin - M.M. Brownlow Warning: Small spoiler alert.

I found this to be a very very quick read with a very very simple world. That's not always a bad thing, and I was happy not to be bogged down with too much history. I didn't have to think at all while I read this book, which is both good and bad. If you want something to pass the time by, this would be a good book for that.

My main problem is that the woman (Aislynn), who was protecting the prince/king (Eryk), seemed to be hurt a lot or was not always by the prince/king's side. For a person sent to protect him, she seemed content to spar with another dude and leave Eryk by himself. I think her link to him did little to ease my concerns. The attacks seemed a little too planned for me, too convenient, and too easily thwarted. Maybe because of the lack of a crazy world and deep history, I was lulled into a content mindlessness and missed more of the deeper details that could explain this. Even as I say it, I'm not sure my mindlessness was a bad thing. I was content while reading. So, if you've just read a crazy complicated book and need a mind break, this would be an enjoyable read, light and quick.