lkevans

L.K. Evans Blog

Author L.K. Evans Blog

Exile
R.A. Salvatore
Etchings of Power (Aegis of the Gods Book 1)
Terry C. Simpson
People Like Us
D.Z.C.

Great horror short story

Cornhusker: Demon Seed - Timothy C. ward

I’m just going to say it: I LOVE GORE! Now, this wasn’t overly gory to me, but keep in mind that I fucking love gore. So, this had enough to keep my interest, but I don’t think it’s over the top for anyone who reads horror. The reason I mention this is because I think the gory parts were beautifully written. I had a clear image of what was happening, which was great!

I read that Ward had cut down the length, and I must say I’m disappointed. I had the feeling I was walking through a haunted house; you know, the kind with all sorts of crazy shit to see and take in. Instead of moseying along so I could absorb every detail, I felt like someone had a hand on my back and was ushering me along faster than I wanted. I kept looking over my shoulder saying: But wait, that was fucking cool.

Regardless, it was an enjoyable, fast-paced read. The descriptive parts were superb and I found myself clenching my teeth in fear and... well, just read the book. It was delightfully disgusting and, oddly, moving.

Source: http://booksbylkevans.com/2014/03/03/review-of-short-stories-by-timothy-ward-d-z-c-and-zachary-jernigan